The battery is an important component of your vehicle. Your car or truck won’t work without it. To keep your vehicle operating properly and not leave you stranded with an inoperable vehicle, you will want to know the signs that indicate you need a battery replacement. It is best to replace your battery before it leaves you stranded, so knowing these signs will help you stay mobile.
- Sat for a Long Time – Leaving your car or truck sitting without using it for an extended period of time is not good for the battery. The battery recharges every time you drive your car, so if you have allowed your vehicle to sit without being driven for a while, you may end up needing a battery replacement.
- Starting Issues – When you go to start your vehicle, it should start right up. If it takes a few tries to start or sounds like it is struggling, then you may likely need a battery replacement.
- Difficulty in Weather Changes – When the seasons change from warm to cold or cold to warm, your vehicle should work just the same. If your vehicle is struggling to start with the changes in temperature, then it likely needs a battery replacement.
- Older Battery – Batteries don’t last forever. If your battery is more than four or five years old, you will probably need a battery replacement soon.
- Light on Dash – Newer vehicles are designed to sense when your battery is showing problems. If the battery warning light on your dashboard illuminates, don’t wait to have it looked at.