Your brakes are the most important safety feature of your car, so if you think there might be a problem or that they’re getting worn down, you’ll want to fix them right away. Here are 7 signs to look for to let you know when it might be time for brake repairs:
- A squealing noise when you apply the brake. Some brakes even have a built-in device that causes the brakes to squeal when they need to replaced.
- Your brake dashboard light is lit. This is an obvious sign that shouldn’t be ignored.
- A grinding or bumpy sensation when you apply the brakes.
- Your vehicle pulls to one side when you hit the brakes. This might be a hydraulic brake problem or it could be a problem related to the steering or chassis. Either way, you’ll want take your car in and get it fixed.
- When you hit the brake pedal, you press it almost to the floor of the car. Properly working brakes are firm and steady.
- When you brake your car vibrates, shakes or drags. This sensation is typically related to the rotors and is a sure sign you need brake repairs.
- Your car needs more distance to brake than it used to.
If you have noticed any of the signs above, bring your car in for a thorough brake inspection. Here at Kevin’s Car Repair LLC, our experienced car experts will be able to identify and fix any brake problems. Our amazing brake repair services can fix all these brake repair problems and more!